Dandruff is the greatest enemy of healthy hair. Almost everyone of us has become the victim of dandruff at one time or the other. A slightest sign of it should be treated without delay or it may get out of control. Moreover, dandruff weakens the scalp and the white flakes falling on the skin causes other skin problems.
Some of the main causes of getting dandruff are consumption of excessive oily and fatty food, stress, anxiety, tension and worry.
Here we discuss some natural home treatment to get rid of dandruff problem.
Home Remedies to treat Dandruff:
Treatment of Dandruff with Black Pepper and Lime
Take 10gms black pepper powder. Add one lime juice and one tablespoon milk to it. Apply this mixture on your scalp. Let it stand for an hour. Then wash off with plain water.
Treatment of Dandruff with Fenugreek Seeds(methi)
Warm one cup coconut oil and add one tablespoon crushed fenugreek seed. Let the oil boil for sometime. Cool and strain. Apply it generously all over the scalp. Leave it on for two hours. Rinse and wash off.
Treatment of Dandruff with Warm Oil Treatment
This is the most commonly known cure to get rid of dandruff. Warm half cup coconut oil. Massage well into the scalp. Wrap a warm, moist towel around your head. (Soak your towel in the hot water. Being very careful not to burn your hands, remove the towel, wring it out over the sink, and wrap the towel around your head.). Leave the towel on your head for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair thoroughly with water. In place of coconut oil, you may take olive oil or wheat germ oil.
Treatment of Dandruff with Gram flour(Besan)
Take two tablespoon of gram flour(also known as chickpea powder). Add a teaspoon of curd and enough water to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste all over the scalp and hair. Let it stand for half hour. Rinse with warm water thoroughly.
Treatment of Dandruff with Onion
Take a raw onion and grind it to fine paste. Apply this paste all over the scalp and leave it for an hour. Wash your hair thoroughly with water. At last, rub your scalp and hair with lemon juice so as to get rid of the onion smell.
Treatment of Dandruff with Green Gram Powder
A valuable prescription for removal of dandruff is the use of green gram powder. The hair should be washed twice a week with two tablespoons of this powder mixed with half a cup of curd.
Treatment of Dandruff with Beet
Beets have been found useful in dandruff. Both tops and roots should be boiled in water and this water should be massaged into the scalp with the finger tips every night White beet is better for this purpose.
Treatment of scalp to cure dandruff
1)Mix 2 spoon mustard oil, in 2 spoon lemon juice or 1 spoon eating soda. Apply it in roots of hair & leave it. Wash hair after 15-20 minutes.
2)Take lemon juice & mustard oil in equal quantity. Massage it into your hair with finger tips. After 1/2 an hour wash off with shampoo. It will remove dandruff.
3)Apply apple juice in hair, it will remove your dandruff.
4)After washing your hair with shampoo, apply a few drops of lemon in your hair and massage well. Rinse your hair after 2-3 minutes and see how shiny your hair looks! It will also remove dandruff from your hair.
5)Washing the hair with a weak solution of common salt cleans the scalp, cures dandruff and prevents hair loss.
Forget those pricey dandruff shampoos, all you need is mouthwash! It works wonders.
6) Use a gentle shampoo and dilute it before using Commercial anti-dandruff shampoos are too harsh can dry out the hair. Besides these shampoos will only take care of the symptoms not the problem.
7) Use an natural shampoo with tea tree oil and/or rosemary oil. Lightly massage your scalp with the tips of your finger, always using a circular movement for 5 minutes. This is good for blood nourishment to the scalp.
8) Massage a blend of essential oils of jojoba oil, tea tree, and rosemary oil into your scalp with your finger tips for 5 minutes at least once a week and leave in overnight (use a old pillow case)
9) Add six spoonfuls water, two spoonfuls pure vinegar and apply it on the scalp with cotton wool before going to bed. Tie a towel around your head to protect the pillow. Wash your hair next morning. After shampooing, rinse again with vinegar water. Continue this once a week for at least three months.
10) Mix a spoonful of lemon juice with two spoonfuls of vinegar and massage on the scalp. Wash your hair with an egg shampoo after this.
11) Natural Anti-Dandruff Massage:
Massage your scalp with warm coconut or castor oil twice a week.
Massage with the tips of your fingers in a circular movement for at least half an hour.
Leave it on overnight and shampoo the following morning.
This prevents the hair from becoming dry and moreover prevents dandruff and falling hair by improving the circulation and strengthening the hair roots.
12) Apply gel of Aloe Vera to your scalp half an hour before washing your hair. It will remove the dandruff from your scalp.
13) A mixture of baby oil and Listerine works great to kill the fungus that causes dandruff and also moisturize scalp…leave on overnight.
Homemade Anti-Dandruff Preparations/Recipes
Homemade Anti-Dandruff Sesame Preparation for dandruff
Sesame Oil 500 ml
Bhangra Leaves 100 gm
Boil bhangra leaves in sesame oil for 15 minutes. Let it stand for an hour then strain it. Massage this oil in your head. Leave it for an hour then shampoo your hair.
Anti-Dandruff Sesame Preparation for dandruff
Sesame Oil 1 tbsp
Bhailavan 3 tbsp
Blend the two together and apply it on the head. Leave it on for 2-3 hours and wash it off with a shampoo in lukewarm water.
Anti-Dandruff Rosemary Preparation for dandruff
Rosemary Leaves 1 handful
Water 1 liter
Vinegar 2 tsp
Boil the water and soak rosemary leaves in it. Let it stand for one night. Strain and add vinegar to it. After shampooing wash your hair with this preparation. It treats the hair very fast.